Location: Mississauga, ON
Websites Direct isn’t your typical web agency. Sure, we design and develop amazing websites as well as execute innovative digital marketing, strategy and mobile solutions for clients like Honda, Acura and Word Financial Center – but that’s not what defines us.
We believe it’s the people behind the scenes that really drive our company’s success – and this is where you come in to the picture!
We’re looking for a rock star PHP Developer who, above all else, has a great smile and can take the heat when it’s on (which is most of the time).
– Develop web applications and websites that make people say “whoa”
– Think of the end-user (even when you’re at home)
– Are a team player who’s not afraid to speak up or make fun of themselves
– Are able to juggle multiple projects with style and grace
– Provide input, strategy and killer ideas on projects
– Are able to accurately estimate and track time
– Have super clean and valid HTML/CSS skills for front-end integration
– 4-5 years developing custom web apps and websites
– PHP programming guru with MySQL database skills
– Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
– Experience with CodeIgniter framework or other MVC frameworks (Symphony, CakePHP, Kohana, Zend Framework, Yii Framework)
– Ability to convert Photoshop designs to clean HTML/CSS
– Intermediate knowledge of SVN or Git
– Experience with Drupal CMS framework
– Ability to develop in ASP.Net framework
– Experience with building E-commerce websites
– Growing knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
– Contribution to open source or development communities (GitHub, Stack Overflow, Google Code, etc.)
– Understanding of microformats and semantic markup
– Experience running a personal or business blog/website
– Awesome benefits plan (vision, dental, drugs, massage)
– Stylish office setting with boardroom, think tank, whiteboard walls
– Super comfortable lounge with flat screen, Xbox and shag carpet
– Windows and Mac friendly environment
– Kitchen with dishwasher, fresh coffee, fridge and water cooler
– Plenty of opportunities for “extracurricular” activities
– Close to TTC, malls, bowling and beer store
– Lots of laughs and constant good times
Location: Mississauga, ON
We’re looking for more than just a developer. We need someone who understands the various mediums of the web and the role that development plays, from custom applications to HTML integration. You must have a strong grasp on everything digital and recognize the power of functionality as it pertains to creating a great experience for the end user.
– Collaboration with other developers.
Requirements and Qualifications:
– Solid experience of coding in jQuery, writing jQuery plugins, and writing jQuery widgets.
– Experience of using version control systems, such as SVN or Git. Experience of code branching/tagging/merging is a plus.
– Unit testing.
– Tortoise SVN
– ASP.NET 1-4,
– ASP.NET MVC 1-3
– Visual Studio 2010
– MSSQL 2008
How to Apply Kindly submit your resume and links to as many writing examples as possible. We offer an excellent compensation package with competitive salary and awesome work environment. The ability to work hard and have fun is mandatory. Please do not apply if you have no sense of humour.